The Quarry Gators Swim Team is open to all club members 5-18 years of age. Tryouts are required only for new swimmers to the team. The tryout will consist of the swimmer completing the following requirements:
- 1 length of the pool (25 yards) swimming freestyle and 1 length of backstroke.
The tryout is to ensure that each swimmer is able to participate with the team and to assess the swimmer for placement in the appropriate training group. 25 yards is approximately the distance between the front pier and the float. If your child cannot swim this distance independently, do not attend tryouts or seek private instruction prior to attending. All swimmers are assigned to a training group that will be based on their individual ability level. Families will be contacted for group placement prior to the first practice of the season.
Tryouts will be held on Thursday, June 3, 2021 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the instructional pool. A link to register for your tryout time will be sent via [email protected] in the coming weeks.
Your child is not guaranteed a place on the Quarry Gators until they have completed a tryout successfully.
- There will be five one-hour practices at 12:30 (new), 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, and 4:30pm.
- The first practice day of the season will be Monday, June 7.
- The last day of practice will be Friday, July 9.
- Dual meets are TENTATIVELY going to be held on Monday, June 14, Thursday, June 24, and Monday, June 28.
- Lakeside Swim Club will not be hosting any swim meets for the Quarry Gators this season.
- Qualifications for LSA Champs will be held during practices on Wednesday, June 30, Thursday, July 1, and Friday, July 2.
- LSA Champs is tentatively scheduled for either Thursday, July 8 or Monday, July 12.
- Registration is going to be held on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis… We WILL have limits and registration WILL be closing after a certain point. Where in the past we have had upwards of 200 swimmers, we are looking now at a cap of 150-170.
- In most cases, there will be 4-6 swimmers per lane, per practice.
- Coaches will do their best to accommodate Healthy at Work guidelines for swimming pools, per direction from the Lakeside Swim Club Board of Directors.
- This summer, we expect families to be able to commit to 3/4 or 4/5 practices a week minimum. We are also recommending any family taking a vacation lasting longer than one practice week not register for the team this summer. These policies are in fairness to swimmers who have more availability to participate in our program.
- You MUST attend your assigned practice time. There will be no changing times day by day. Practice times will be given on a first-come, first-served basis based on registration timestamps. You will be prompted to choose a primary and secondary option or tell us that you have no preference.
- Swimmers who intend to participate in meets only (aka those registered with Lakeside Seahawks) will have to pay the full season fee AND come to practice as described above in order to participate in meets.
- Information about pickup/dropoff or watching practices will be announced at a later time.
- Participating in swim practice will NOT count as one of your three allowed reservations to use the facilities.
- Parents will be allowed to enter the club during practice time. Information regarding seating location and other restrictions will be announced before the start of the season.
- For those who have asked, NO, you do NOT need to compete in order to participate. This has never been the case and never will be on our team!
- The summer program fee is $185 per swimmer and $95 per additional swimmer from the same household. Checks made payable to Lakeside Swim Club can be mailed to:
- Lakeside Swim Club
ATTN: Program Office
2010 Trevilian Way
Louisville, KY 40205
- Lakeside Swim Club
- Lakeside Swim Club reserves the right to change your registration status dependent upon the receipt of your program fees.
- NEW FAMILIES ONLY: Please wait to pay your dues until after your child’s tryout was completed successfully.
PARENT MEETINGS (MANDATORY!)
There will be four virtual parent meetings offered before the season begins– two for new families and two for returning families. A returning family with a new swimmer does not need to attend a new parent meeting. They are scheduled as follows:
- Saturday, June 5 at 3:00 p.m. via Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/94802954260?pwd=MU5BUTFVSXVOaGlCVDRVYjZ3S2JIUT09) — NEW FAMILIES ONLY
- Sunday, June 6 at 3:00 p.m. via Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/94285236902?pwd=NEQxaUs4UGtCeWE4eVpFdXJVQ3JUZz09) — NEW FAMILIES ONLY
- Saturday, June 5 at 4:00 p.m. via Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/95913572927?pwd=U0xnckIvOVM0YmNVZEZVdWhNczRtUT09) — RETURNING FAMILIES ONLY
- Sunday, June 6 at 4:00 p.m. via Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/95327087539?pwd=VXorN3VneUtqbVUzZ3l2R2JpZkhzQT09) — RETURNING FAMILIES ONLY