Lakeside will open the winter swimming bubble and fitness facilities for the 53rd Winter Season on Saturday, October 23 at 9:00 a.m. Winter Hours: Monday – Friday 6 a.m. – 8 p.m. Saturday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Sunday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The following policies will be in effect due to the Pandemic.
- Members shall check in at the front desk located in the concession stand.
- Guest tickets may be used when the club is open. Associate members may purchase tickets at $10.00 each. Members shall accompany their guests to Lakeside.
- Members and guests must wear masks in the hallways, restrooms, bubble, weight room, and activities room.
- Swimmers may remove their masks when in the swimming pool.
- Due to space limitations, members 16 and over will only be allowed in the weight room.
- For health and safety concerns, every other piece of cardio equipment will be closed in the weight room;
- Please stay home if you are not well. Staff will reserve the right to request a person to depart the club due to excessive coughing, sneezing, or the like.
- Be smart! Stay 6’ apart. Wash your hands. Use hand sanitizers. Refrain from personal contact.
Aquatic & Fitness Programs
- Swimming Lessons, Lifeguard Classes, Quarry Gator Swim Team and Masters Swim Team
- Aqua Aerobics, Aerobics, Boot Camp, Nia, Tai Chi, Women’s Weights and More, and Yoga
Lap Swimming and Recreation Swimming
The pool will provide the following areas for swimming:
- 8 x 25 yard lanes for lap swimming and instruction
- 2 x 20 yard water walking lanes and instruction
- Kiddy pool area
- 3 ½ – 4’ area for free play
- We will be using the Omnify reservation system for lap swimming and water walking. If you enrolled in the system in June 2020 – April 2021, click here to make your reservation. If you are new to the system, click here for instructions.
- Members without reservations will be able to use the pool if space is available. Speak to the attendant on duty at check in for assistance.
- If a member brings a guest for lap swim, they only need one reservation and will share a lane with their guest (s).
- Reservations will not be required for the kiddy pool, free play area, or the weight room. This is subject to change depending on facility usage. If a change is made, it will be posted to our website.
Lakeside will return to our pre-pandemic membership policy for the 2022-23 membership year.
- 2022 Invoices will be sent electronically mid-January, 2022
- Payment due March 1, 2022
- Payments accepted with late fee March 2 – May 1, 2022
- Membership closes on May 2, 2022
o No changes to membership to include, changing from Inactive to Active status; adding a member of your household who was a previous member.
o The only changes accepted are life changes – marriage and births.
- Unpaid memberships as of May 2, 2022 will be dropped.
The staff and board of directors thank you for your support and understanding and trust you enjoyed your summer at Lakeside.
- Lakeside was included in the article Hidden Gems in the October 2021 issue of Sports Illustrated. Click here to see the article. A bulletin board at the club entrance is dedicated to the article written by club member and Sports Illustrated writer, Pat Forde.
- Lakeside was voted Best Place to Swim by the readers of the Courier Journal newspaper – September 12, 2021.
- The gym and fitness classes will close on Friday October 15 at 8:00 p.m. for the fall changeover. All facilities will be closed October 16-22.
- Visit our website for the current club information. www.lakesideswim.com
- General Questions use – [email protected]
- Membership question use – [email protected]