Every week, the Lakeside Swim Club Board of Directors will be issuing updates and more information regarding operations and policy enforced during the 2020 season.
For a complete list of letters from the Board of Directors, please click here.
May 26, 2020
DEAR LAKESIDE MEMBERS,
Dear Friends and Neighbors:
The Board of Directors is excited to begin the first of what is hoped will be a gradual, limited opening of Lakeside’s facilities. Your cooperation and understanding in response to our decisions has been appreciated.
Emails went out on May 19, 20 and 21 to all members with current email addresses on file. Please update your email at [email protected] if you haven’t done so already. Also be sure and check your Junk Mail folder. USPS letters were mailed on May 21.
The following projects are currently in progress:
- The winter structure is down and stored on site.
- The instructional pool is painted and is filled.
- The pool fence is installed.
- The fitness room is being deep cleaned and equipment locations modified.
- A very reduced summer staff will begin work next week in preparation for our opening.
- Membership refunds are being processed. If you have requested a refund, you can expect to receive it within the next few weeks.
- Flowers are planted in the gardens.
- FAQ’s are posted on the website under the Covid 19 tab. They will be updated and/or modified weekly.
- Current guidelines for lap swimming are being clarified. State aquatic leaders have met with the Chief of Staff in Frankfort. Lakeside is preparing and a date to open will be announced upon completion of guideline clarification and preparations.
- Guidelines for fitness/gym’s are being finalized.
The Lakeside staff has provided incredible guidance in the past few months. They have learned new ways of managing a club, provided a working environment of safety for staff and members, learned new guidelines that change daily, maintained the grounds and pool and conducted a host of other new and unique responsibilities. We are fortunate to have a staff that responds, learns, and adapts. The Board of Directors is proud to serve alongside this knowledgeable team.
Lakeside Board of Directors