Every week, the Lakeside Swim Club Board of Directors will be issuing updates and more information regarding operations and policy enforced during the 2020 season.
For a complete list of letters from the Board of Directors, please click here.
June 2, 2020
DEAR LAKESIDE MEMBERS,
Thanks to all of you who have given us feedback and raised questions to us over the last several weeks. Lakeside is an important part of each of our lives and it has been great to hear how meaningful it is to each of you as well. We would like to start this week by addressing in a little further detail two of the common questions that we have been receiving.
One common question has been, “is Lakeside Corporation having financial difficulties?” The answer to that is a definite NO. Because of the strong leadership under the current General Manager and staff, as well as the guidance of the current and previous Boards of Directors, the Club’s finances are solid and stable.
This question seems to stem from a line from our May 20 letter that said “Currently we do not plan on preparing the quarry lake for swimming in 2020 due to the significant financial investment, and at this point it is unclear how much use would be allowed over the course of the season.” This was intended to convey that since it remains unclear if our state and local governments will give the OK for pools to open for recreational swimming, we did not feel it would be financially responsible to make the investment that comes with preparing the lake, regardless of the state of our finances.
Our governor also recently announced that pools would be allowed to have a limited opening on June 29. “Does this mean that we will be opening the lake?” we have all been asked countless times. The answer at this time is still, we don’t know. Until we have been given recommended guidelines to follow, we will not know if we will be able to enforce them in a facility of our size in a reasonable manner. Safety of our members and staff will remain our highest priority.
Now, what has been happening at the club? On June 1 the first steps for opening Lakeside began. The Fitness Room and the Instructional Pool are now open on a limited and trial basis. Reservations are being taken at lakesideswim.com (tab on top of page – reservations) filling the ten openings in the Fitness Room and the 12 lanes in the Instructional Pool each hour the Club is open. The reservation system began at 7:00am on May 31 with a few issues that were mostly resolved by late afternoon. More instructions are in the FAQ’s posted and updated regularly.
Here is just a few of the items that Lakeside has been working on this week:
- Staff trainings are is completed for 28 summer employees instead of the normal staff of 180.
- Instructional pool and Fitness Gym have been fitted with cones and signs to help members follow the guidelines.
- Sanitation/disinfectant stations are in place.
- Lockers -2019 items will be held until June 30, then will be donated if not claimed.
- Front Gate is clean and a plexiglas shield had been installed. Everyone must enter through the Front Gate.
- A new exit station has been created so that everyone exits the Club through the driveway.
- Swim shop will be used for Covid 19 isolation room.
- White squares on sidewalks marking 6 foot distancing markings are in place. Please use them.
- Club’s current Hours posted M-F 7a-8p; Sat 10a-8p Sun 11a – 8p.
Thank you for those who have remained active with Lakeside, we appreciate your support. For those who chose to make their memberships inactive, we assure you Lakeside will be offering as much as possible when allowed by the government and with proper guidelines for safety. We hope to see you soon.
Lakeside Board of Directors