Members shall enter the weight room from the first floor of the Thompson Building, up the stairwell and into the Weight Room.
Members choosing to depart the room before the one-hour reservation period is over MUST exit the way they came in.
A staff member will be present in the Weight Room 5 minutes before the hour to unlock the back door to allow members to exit directly to the outside. If a member is not ready to depart at that time as they need to change clothes, use their locker, etc., they must exit through the first floor.
Activities Room – Group Fitness Classes
Members shall use the back sidewalk behind the Thompson Building to gain entrance to the Eckard Activities Room. (They DO NOT need to check in at the front desk/concession stand).
A staff member will be present to check members in and take their temperature.
At the conclusion of the class, the students will use the back sidewalk to depart the club.
- If a swimmer has a reservation to use the weight room after their swim, please alert the attendant upon check in.
- If a weight room user has a reservation to use the swimming pool after their workout, please alert the attendant upon check in.
- If a member is participating in a fitness class in the Activities Room and has a reservation for the swimming pool or weight room after the program, they must check in at the front desk/concession stand prior to the second activity.
Fall/Winter Facility Information
Swimming Pool Air Circulation
- We wanted to share important information about the air quality in the Lakeside Bubble.
- There is a forced air unit bringing air from the outside into the Bubble.
- All air coming into the Bubble is fresh air from outside the Bubble. Consequently, the air is not re-circulated.
- Air exits the Bubble under each fabric flap on both sides of the Bubble, as well as, through the exhaust fan.
- We plan to have the doors open whenever feasible to provide as much fresh air as possible.
- When the outside air is cold, the air is brought through the heater unit to warm the air.
- The 2 large fans at the peak of the Bubble Structure move the air in the bubble keeping it fresh.
Changing Room Procedures
- The changing rooms will be available for use. The showers and saunas will remain closed. Members will be asked to assist our staff in the continued disinfecting of the changing rooms.
- Women’s: If you use a stall, close the curtain after use to identify the need for cleaning.
- Men’s: Men will have the changing benches disinfected each hour.
Thompson Building Hallways and Stairways
- Comply to the white 6’ distancing markings on the floor while awaiting check in and/or exit.
- There will not be a coat rack in the hallway as in the past due to space constraints. Take your coat with you to your workout area.
- Be conscious of members using their lockers, allow 6’ distancing whenever possible.
- If a member is in the stairwell, allow them to enter or exit before you start your climb or descent.
Best Practices to Stop the Spread of Germs at Lakeside
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Wear a Mask. – required at Lakeside other than when swimming or working out.
- If you have a cough – cover your month and move away from people.
- Avoid touching unnecessary surfaces.
- Practice 6′ social distancing.
- Wash your hands often.
- Use hand sanitizer.
- Be Smart. Be Safe. Stay Well.
- Facility reservations are only available for active club members 18 and over.
- One-hour lap swimmers will be asked to clear the water 5 minutes before the hour; 30-minute lanes must exit promptly at the 30-minute time.
- Two persons in the same household may share a lane as in the summer 2020.
- Weight Room users are asked to disinfect equipment after each use.
- A bicycle rack is located by the entrance of the Thompson Building as well as on the club driveway.
- Lost and Found items (clothes, suits, towels, shoes, goggles, etc.) will not be kept upon recommendation from the CDC. Valuable items (keys, jewelry, wallets, etc.) will be secured at the front desk.
- Report any infractions to the front desk attendant to correct behavior or the like immediately.