Below you will find a list of FAQs regarding membership, facility, gym and lap swimming protocol. If you cannot find an answer to your question on this page, please call Lakeside at 454.4585 and a staff member will provide information. This section will be updated as summer progresses.
FAQs – UPDATED MAY 31, 2020
IF I AM AN ASSOCIATE MEMBER, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- If you are an ACTIVE ASSOCIATE MEMBER as of May 1, 2020 and want to take advantage of what Lakeside Swim Club has to offer in 2020, NO ACTION NEEDED. Your support is greatly appreciated.
- If you are an ACTIVE ASSOCIATE MEMBER as of May 1, 2020 and want to drop any member from your membership due to the 2020 facility changes, please notify Lakeside by email at [email protected] by 4:00 p.m. Friday June 19, 2020. A refund will be provided for the members removed. If the member chooses to reactivate the members during the 2020-21 season, they will be allowed to do so by contacting the business office to schedule the payment.
- If you are an ACTIVE ASSOCIATE MEMBER as of May 1, 2020 and decide to go INACTIVE, please notify Lakeside by email at [email protected] before Friday June 19, 2020. A refund of your dues less the INACTIVE FEE of $85 will be provided. If you choose to reactivate later in the current membership year, you will be allowed to do so by contacting the business office Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to schedule the payment.
- If you are an INACTIVE ASSOCIATE MEMBER as of May 1, 2020 but now you want to take advantage of what Lakeside Swim Club has to offer in 2020, please notify Lakeside by email at [email protected] and provide payment of your dues by Friday June 19, 2020. Your membership will remain in Inactive status until the 2020-21 season.
WILL LAKESIDE PRO-RATE MEMBERSHIP FEES IF I ACTIVATE IN DECEMBER?
- No, all dues are based on an annual membership.
I WAS A MEMBER IN 2019-2020 THAT ENDED EARLY DUE TO THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC. AM I GOING TO GET A REFUND?
- Since the pool was scheduled to close on April 13 and the Club fitness facilities were scheduled to close on May 15, the Board of Directors determined that no refund will be granted to our members for the minor amount of time the Club was closed.
WHAT IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS TO REQUEST A REFUND?
WHAT IS LAKESIDE’S MAILING ADDRESS?
- Lakeside Swim Club, 2010 Trevilian Way, Louisville, Kentucky 40205
Covid-19 Facility Information
WHEN WILL THE WEIGHT ROOM/GYM OPEN?
- June 1, 2020
WHAT ARE THE CLUB HOURS?
- Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
WHEN WILL THE SWIMMING POOL OPEN FOR ADULT LAP SWIM?
- June 1, 2020
WHEN WILL THE LAKE/QUARRY OPEN FOR SUMMER 2020?
- At this time, we are not planning to open for the summer of 2020.
WILL THE CHANGING ROOMS, SAUNAS, AND SHOWERS BE OPEN?
- Not at this time; toilets and hand sinks will be available.
CAN I BUY A BOTTLE OF WATER AT LAKESIDE?
- The Lakeside concession stand will not be open at this time. Members are encouraged to bring their own bottled water.
WILL WATER FOUNTAINS BE AVAILABLE?
- Only the bottle fillers will be turned on.
CAN I BRING FOOD INTO THE CLUB?
- Yes, snacks will be permitted, but not for socializing.
CAN I BRING MY CHILDREN?
- At this time, Lakeside will only allow members 18 years of age or older to enter.
CAN I BRING A GUEST?
- No, guest tickets will not be sold during this time. Lakeside will be open for Active memberships only.
WILL RESERVATIONS BE REQUIRED TO USE THE GYM OR POOL?
- Yes, see below.
HOW DO I ENTER/EXIT THE FACILITY?
- Entrance will be through the main front gate. There are white square markers placed six feet apart on either side of the gate entrance on Trevilian Way. Please use these as you stand in line. The exit will be located at the top of the club driveway in order to practice social distancing for our members.
Covid-19 Facility Protocols
WHAT ARE THE SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES ENFORCED BY LAKESIDE SWIM CLUB?
- Members must stay six feet apart, minimize close contact with others, no handshakes or hugs, wear face coverings unless exercising, wash hands frequently, no loitering.
WHAT DO I DO IF I SEE SOMEONE NOT COMPLYING WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES?
- If you feel someone is not complying with the social distancing guidelines, please report your concerns to the nearest staff member. Do not engage in confrontation with the member yourself.
WHAT IS LAKESIDE DOING TO ENSURE EQUIPMENT AND SURFACES ARE BEING FREQUENTLY DISINFECTED?
- Sanitation stations will be put in place for members to use to wipe down equipment. Lakeside staff will be working diligently to ensure all surfaces are disinfected and cleaned regularly.
HOW FREQUENTLY ARE EQUIPMENT AND SURFACES BEING DISINFECTED AND CLEANED?
- Members must wipe down equipment thoroughly after each use. Staff will be cleaning facilities and disinfecting areas of use periodically throughout opening hours and after closing.
HOW DO I ENTER/EXIT THE CLUB?
- Entrance will be through the main front gate. The exit will be located at the top of the club driveway in order to practice social distancing for our members.
DO I NEED A MASK TO ENTER LAKESIDE?
- Per the Government’s requirements, masks or face coverings must be worn (unless medical reasons prohibit it – doctors notice required) while on property unless exercising or in the water.
WILL EMPLOYEES BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK?
- Yes, other than lifeguards in the lifeguard stand.
WILL I NEED TO WEAR A MASK WHEN EXERCISING IN THE GYM OR POOL?
WHAT ARE THE HAND-WASHING REQUIREMENTS?
- Members are asked to wash their hands before and after their exercise activity.
WILL I BE REQUIRED TO HAVE MY TEMPERATURE TAKEN UPON ENTERING THE FACILITY?
- Yes, a touchless device will be used.
WILL I BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A HEALTH SURVEY UPON ENTRY?
WHERE CAN I PARK MY BICYCLE OR SCOOTER?
- Bicycle and scooter riders MUST enter from driveway entrance – bike racks are on the driveway. Watch for Pedestrians.
WHERE CAN I PARK MY MOTORCYCLE?
- Motorcycles MUST use street parking due to the exit of the club being located on the driveway.
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT INCLEMENT WEATHER/THUNDERSTORM PROCEDURES?
- Current policies will be enforced. Review page 5 in the club rule book.
- Current procedure is for each member to have a one hour time block for lap swimming or use of the gym, if a storm occurs during your time period, it will NOT carry over to the next hour.
Covid-19 Facility Protocols
HOW MANY MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE GYM AT ONE TIME?
- Ten (10)
WILL ALL EQUIPMENT BE AVAILABLE?
- Some equipment has been removed in order to practice the 6’ distance requirement. Signs will indicate closed equipment or how to practice social distancing.
WHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE?
- Cardio, free weights, and strength equipment will be available.
CAN I USE MY LOCKER RENTED FOR THE 2020-2021 SEASON?
- Yes, you must bring your own padlock. Report to the attendant in the First Aid Office to claim your locker on your first visit.
Covid-19 Facility Protocols
WHAT IS THE DISTANCE OF THE LAP LANES?
- Eight (8) 25 yard lanes with backstroke flags in place.
- Four (4) 20 yard lap lanes; however backstroke flags and black lines on pool floor will not available.
- We are awaiting government guidelines on how many lanes we can use.
CAN I USE LAKESIDE’S KICKBOARDS AND POOL BUOYS
- Lakeside will not be providing lap swimming equipment during this time due to cross contamination potential.
CAN I BRING MY OWN EQUIPMENT?
- Yes, kickboards, pool buoys, hand paddles, and swim snorkels will be permitted.
CAN I SHARE A LANE WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF MY HOUSEHOLD?
- At this time, Lakeside members must swim one person per lane regardless of household or familial relation.
WILL A WATER WALKING LANE BE AVAILABLE?
- Yes the 20-yard lanes will be designated for Water Walking or Lap Swimming.
Facility Reservation System
Lakeside is in the process of developing a reservation for both the gym/weight room and lap pool. Online reservations will be available on Sunday, May 31 at 7:00AM.
WILL I NEED A RESERVATION TO USE THE GYM/WEIGHT ROOM AND/OR LAP POOL?
- Yes, limitations will be enforced on the number of users in the gym and/or lap pool.
HOW DO I MAKE A RESERVATION?
- On Lakeside’s website (www.lakesideswim.com) members will be able to reserve time slots by following instructions posted online.
HOW ARE WALK-IN RESERVATIONS BEING TAKEN?
- Those opting to ‘walk in’ to use facilities will only be able to enter if there are open slots during any given reserved hour.
- Walk-ins will not be given slots previously reserved. We highly recommend calling first to see if there are any openings prior to coming to Lakeside.
WHERE DO WALK-INS WAIT?
- Those attempting to walk-in to use the facility must wait in a marked area on the sidewalk while others are checking in with their reservation. Again, we recommend calling in to ensure availability.