Below you will find a list of FAQs regarding membership, facility, gym and lap swimming protocol. If you cannot find an answer to your question on this page, please call Lakeside at 454.4585 and a staff member will provide information. This section will be updated as summer progresses.
FAQs – UPDATED DECEMBER 13, 2020
LAKESIDE MEMBERSHIP IS CLOSED FOR 2020
- If you are an Inactive member and would like to activate your membership, please contact Tammy Glas in the business office at 502.454.4585 ext 221 or email at [email protected]
WILL LAKESIDE PRO-RATE MEMBERSHIP FEES IF I ACTIVATE IN DECEMBER?
- No, all dues are based on an annual membership.
WHAT IS LAKESIDE’S MAILING ADDRESS?
- Lakeside Swim Club, 2010 Trevilian Way, Louisville, Kentucky 40205
Covid-19 Facility Information
WHEN WILL THE WEIGHT ROOM/GYM OPEN?
- October 24, 2020
WHAT ARE THE CLUB HOURS?
- Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHEN WILL THE SWIMMING POOL OPEN FOR ADULT LAP SWIM?
- October 24, 2020
WILL THE CHANGING ROOMS, SAUNAS, AND SHOWERS BE OPEN?
- Changing rooms will be open. Members must maintain social distancing while using changing facilities. Showers and saunas will remain closed.
- Members may not leave their belongings in changing stalls.
CAN I BUY A BOTTLE OF WATER AT LAKESIDE?
- Limited concessions will be available during the Fall/Winter seasons to include bottled water.
WILL WATER FOUNTAINS BE AVAILABLE?
- Only the bottle fillers will be turned on.
CAN I BRING FOOD INTO THE CLUB?
- Yes, snacks will be permitted, but not for socializing.
CAN I BRING MY CHILDREN?
- At this time, Lakeside will only allow members 18 years of age or older to enter.
CAN I BRING A GUEST?
- No, guest tickets will not be sold during this time. Lakeside will be open for Active memberships only.
WILL RESERVATIONS BE REQUIRED TO USE THE GYM OR POOL?
- Yes, see below.
HOW DO I ENTER/EXIT THE FACILITY?
- All members shall check in at the front desk and have their temperature read.
- POOL: Members using the pool shall enter the Bubble and go straight across the Bulkhead to the chair marked for their lane – either 30-minute lane 25-yard lane; 1 hour 25-yard lane; or 20-yard lane. (Note: 25-yard lanes are opposite from summer – current even lanes start in the deep end, shallow lanes start on bulkhead).
- WEIGHT ROOM: Members using the weight room shall enter the weight room from the first floor of the Thompson Building, up the stairwell and into the weight room.
FITNESS CLASSES: Members pre-registered for Tai Chi shall use the back sidewalk behind the Thompson Building to gain entrance to the Eckard Activities Room. (They DO NOT need to check in at the front desk/concession stand). A staff member will be present to check members in and take their temperature.
- POOL: Members may exit the pool to the outside by the shallow end of the pool; OR they may exit through the first floor of the Thompson Building.
WEIGHT ROOM: Members choosing to depart the weight room MUST exit through the first floor. If you are a member needing to use the handicap ramp through the rear exit door, please call Lakeside in advance and a staff member will meet you to unlock it for entry and exit.
CLICK HERE for more information regarding ENTRY, EXITS, and further procedures once inside the facility.
Covid-19 Facility Protocols
WHAT ARE THE SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES ENFORCED BY LAKESIDE SWIM CLUB?
- Members must stay six feet apart, minimize close contact with others, no handshakes or hugs, wear face coverings unless exercising, wash hands frequently, no loitering.
WHAT DO I DO IF I SEE SOMEONE NOT COMPLYING WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES?
- If you feel someone is not complying with the social distancing guidelines, please report your concerns to the nearest staff member. Do not engage in confrontation with the member yourself.
WHAT IS LAKESIDE DOING TO ENSURE EQUIPMENT AND SURFACES ARE BEING FREQUENTLY DISINFECTED?
- Sanitation stations will be put in place for members to use to wipe down equipment. Lakeside staff will be working diligently to ensure all surfaces are disinfected and cleaned regularly.
HOW FREQUENTLY ARE EQUIPMENT AND SURFACES BEING DISINFECTED AND CLEANED?
- Members must wipe down equipment thoroughly after each use. Staff will be cleaning facilities and disinfecting areas of use periodically throughout open hours and after closing.
DO I NEED A MASK TO ENTER LAKESIDE?
- Per the Government’s requirements, masks or face coverings must be worn (unless medical reasons prohibit it – doctors notice required) while on property unless in the water. That includes while in the exercise room.
WILL EMPLOYEES BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK?
- Yes, all employees must wear a mask at all times.
WILL I NEED TO WEAR A MASK WHEN EXERCISING IN THE GYM OR POOL?
- Members must wear masks while in the exercise room and while exercising.
- Members entering the pool must wear their mask until reaching their lane. They must put their mask back on upon exiting their lane for any reason and when exiting the pool.
WHAT ARE THE HAND-WASHING REQUIREMENTS?
- Members are asked to wash their hands before and after their exercise activity.
WILL I BE REQUIRED TO HAVE MY TEMPERATURE TAKEN UPON ENTERING THE FACILITY?
- Yes, a touchless device will be used.
WILL I BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A HEALTH SURVEY UPON ENTRY?
WHERE CAN I PARK MY BICYCLE OR SCOOTER?
- Bicycle and scooter riders MUST enter from driveway entrance – bike racks are on the driveway. Watch for Pedestrians.
WHERE CAN I PARK MY MOTORCYCLE?
- Motorcycles MUST use street parking due to the exit of the club being located on the driveway.
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT INCLEMENT WEATHER/THUNDERSTORM PROCEDURES?
- Current policies will be enforced. Review page 5 in the club rule book.
- Current procedure is for each member to have a one hour time block for lap swimming per day or use of the gym, if a storm occurs during your time period, it will NOT carry over to the next hour.
Covid-19 Facility Protocols
HOW MANY MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE GYM AT ONE TIME?
- Ten (10)
WILL ALL EQUIPMENT BE AVAILABLE?
- Some equipment has been removed in order to practice the 6’ distance requirement. Signs will indicate closed equipment or how to practice social distancing.
WHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE?
- Cardio, free weights, and strength equipment will be available.
CAN I USE MY LOCKER RENTED FOR THE 2020-2021 SEASON?
- Yes, you must bring your own padlock. Report to the attendant in the Concession Stand to claim your locker on your first visit.
Covid-19 Facility Protocols
WHAT IS THE DISTANCE OF THE LAP LANES?
- Eight (8) 25 yard lanes with backstroke flags in place.
- Four (4) 20 yard lap lanes with backstroke flags in place.
CAN I USE LAKESIDE’S KICKBOARDS AND POOL BUOYS
- Lakeside will not be providing lap swimming equipment during this time due to cross contamination potential.
CAN I BRING MY OWN EQUIPMENT?
- Yes, kickboards, pool buoys, hand paddles, and swim snorkels will be permitted.
CAN I SHARE A LANE WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF MY HOUSEHOLD?
- Due to the most recent updated mandates, no sharing of lanes is permitted at this time.
WILL A WATER WALKING LANE BE AVAILABLE?
- Yes the 20-yard lanes will be designated for Water Walking or Lap Swimming.
Facility Reservation System
WILL I NEED A RESERVATION TO USE THE GYM/WEIGHT ROOM AND/OR LAP POOL?
- Yes, limitations will be enforced on the number of users in the gym and/or lap pool.
- Members are permitted either one hour or one 30 minute swimming time per day, and one hour gym time per day. At this time, we ask you to please limit your advanced swimming reservations to three time per week, once per day.
- Members may use the gym and the pool on the same day, but no double bookings of pool, to include walk-ins, in fairness to all active members trying to make use the facility.
HOW DO I MAKE A RESERVATION?
- On Lakeside’s website (www.lakesideswim.com), members shall go to the Reservation Tab to enroll in the system and will be able to reserve time slots by following instructions posted online.
HOW ARE WALK-IN RESERVATIONS BEING TAKEN?
- Those opting to ‘walk in’ to use facilities will only be able to enter if there are open slots during any given reserved hour.
- Reserved time slots can be given to walk-ins if the member who made the reservation does not arrive within fifteen minutes of the start time.
WHERE DO WALK-INS WAIT?
- Those attempting to walk-in to use the facility must wait in the Thompson Building hallway and practice social distancing.