Below you will find a list of FAQs regarding membership, facility, gym and lap swimming protocol. If you cannot find an answer to your question on this page, please call Lakeside at 454.4585 and a staff member will provide information. This section will be updated as summer progresses.
FAQs – UPDATED JULY 8, 2021
LAKESIDE MEMBERSHIP IS CLOSED FOR 2021
- If you are an Inactive member and would like to activate your membership, please contact Tammy Glas in the business office at 502.454.4585 ext 221 Monday – Friday between 9:00am and 4:00pm. Inactive members may activate their memberships at anytime this year.
WILL LAKESIDE PRO-RATE MEMBERSHIP FEES IF I ACTIVATE IN DECEMBER?
- No, all dues are based on an annual membership.
WHAT IS LAKESIDE’S MAILING ADDRESS?
- Lakeside Swim Club, 2010 Trevilian Way, Louisville, Kentucky 40205
Covid-19 Facility Information
WHEN WILL THE WEIGHT ROOM/GYM OPEN?
- May 29, 2021
WHAT ARE THE CLUB HOURS?
- Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
WILL THE CHANGING ROOMS, SAUNAS, AND SHOWERS BE OPEN?
- Changing rooms and showers will be open. Members must maintain social distancing while using changing facilities.
- Saunas are open as of June 11, 2021.
- Members may not leave their belongings in changing stalls.
WILL THE CONCESSION STAND BE OPEN SUMMER 2021?
- Yes; concessions will be open with both standard operations and online pre-order. Visit our Concessions page for more information.
WILL WATER FOUNTAINS BE AVAILABLE?
- Yes, for general use and bottle filling.
CAN I BRING FOOD INTO THE CLUB?
- Yes. Members may bring their own food and drink, but no glass or cans will be permitted.
CAN I BRING MY CHILDREN?
- Yes. Members of all ages may use the facilities, however members under 12 must be accompanied by an adult unless participating in competitive teams practice.
CAN I BRING A GUEST?
- As of Monday, July 12, Lakeside will be permitting the purchase and use of guest tickets. Please see our July Newsletter for more information and updates to our guest ticket policy.
WILL RESERVATIONS BE REQUIRED TO USE THE GYM OR EARLY MORNING LAP SWIM?
- No; reservations were no longer required as of June 18, 2021.
WILL RESERVATIONS BE REQUIRED FOR RECREATIONAL USE?
- At this time, no. Lakeside will be monitoring facility use to ensure capacity limits are not exceeded. If we reach that number, members may be asked to wait for entry outside of the front gate.
Covid-19 Facility Protocols
WHAT ARE THE SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES ENFORCED BY LAKESIDE SWIM CLUB?
- Members must stay six feet apart, minimize close contact with others, wash hands frequently, no loitering.
- Members who are not vaccinated are asked to wear a mask when unable to social distance.
WHAT DO I DO IF I SEE SOMEONE NOT COMPLYING WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES?
- If you feel someone is not complying with the social distancing guidelines, please report your concerns to the nearest staff member. Do not engage in confrontation with the member yourself.
WHAT IS LAKESIDE DOING TO ENSURE EQUIPMENT AND SURFACES ARE BEING FREQUENTLY DISINFECTED?
- Lakeside staff will be working diligently to ensure all surfaces are disinfected and cleaned regularly.
HOW FREQUENTLY ARE EQUIPMENT AND SURFACES BEING DISINFECTED AND CLEANED?
- Members must wipe down equipment thoroughly after each use. Staff will be cleaning facilities and disinfecting areas of use periodically throughout open hours and after closing.
DO I NEED A MASK TO ENTER LAKESIDE?
- Masks will not be required while on Lakeside property. However, it is strongly recommended for persons who are not vaccinated to continue to wear a mask in the buildings and when social distancing is not feasible. (When in line at concessions or to check into the club) in order to protect our members who are not eligible to be vaccinated.
To accommodate our members with medical concerns; MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED in the weight room on Tuesday & Thursdays from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. FOR ALL USERS during this one hour period on both Tuesday and Thursday.
WHAT ARE THE HAND-WASHING REQUIREMENTS?
- Members are asked to wash their hands before and after their exercise activity.
WHERE CAN I PARK MY BICYCLE OR SCOOTER?
- Bicycle and scooter riders MUST enter and exit from driveway entrance – bike racks are on the driveway. Watch for Pedestrians.
WHERE CAN I PARK MY MOTORCYCLE?
- Motorcycles MUST use street parking due to the exit of the club being located on the driveway.
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT INCLEMENT WEATHER/THUNDERSTORM PROCEDURES?
- Current policies will be enforced. Review page 5 in the club rule book.
Covid-19 Facility Protocols
WILL I NEED A RESERVATION TO ENTER THE GYM?
- No; reservations are no longer required as of June 18, 2021.
WILL ALL EQUIPMENT BE AVAILABLE?
- Some equipment has been removed in order to practice the 6’ distance requirement. Signs will indicate closed equipment or how to practice social distancing.
WHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE?
- Cardio, free weights, and strength equipment will be available.
CAN I USE MY LOCKER RENTED FOR THE 2021-2022 SEASON?
- Yes, you must bring your own padlock. Report to the attendant in the First Aid Office to claim your locker on your first visit and a staff member will assist you.
Covid-19 Facility Protocols
WHAT IS THE DISTANCE OF THE LAP LANES?
- The Instructional Pool will rotate between 25 yard lanes with backstroke flags in place, or 20 yard lanes running horizontally across the pool depending on Aquatic Program needs and recreational space allowed for members.
CAN I USE LAKESIDE’S KICKBOARDS AND POOL BUOYS
- Lakeside will not be providing lap swimming equipment during this time due to cross contamination potential.
CAN I BRING MY OWN EQUIPMENT?
- Yes, kickboards, fins pool buoys, hand paddles, and swim snorkels will be permitted.
WILL A WATER WALKING LANE BE AVAILABLE?
- Yes, two water walking lanes will be available in the Lake, and depending on Aquatic Program needs, one will be available in the Instructional Pool.